MES Project is a five-year project (2019 – 2023) that follow a path of an ecological model to multisectoral responses for landscaping inclusive quality early childhood development programs in Buchosa and Sengerema fishing communities. Mapema Education Scheme will be implemented in 10 wards of Sengerema districts and 5 wards of Buchosa Districts, majority of these ward located within fishing communities, where the community, system and structures are not providing nurturing care environment that support children to survive and thrive.
The goal is:Improve opportunities for ECD among vulnerable children aged 0-6 that will improve children’s readiness and receptiveness to learning, and improve their general health and well-being.
The objectives are:
- Children age 3 to 5 years in Buchosa and Sengerema districts have access to quality holistic early childhood development, care and pre- primary education, during school calendar so that they are prepared ready for enrolment in standard one.
- Improved general health and wellbeing of young children age 0-6 years in Buchosa and Sengerema districts.
- Improved multisectoral response to supporting ECD programing among LGAs, ECD Professional individuals, ECD and non ECD Institutions in Buchosa and Sengerema district.
- Pre-primary schools and community ECD centers in Buchosa and Sengerema districts with inclusive education facilities that support effective early childhood development and learning.
- Households in Buchosa and Sengerema districts with sustainable income sufficient to protect, care and support early childhood development and education.