The MES Project is a five-year project (2019-2023) that follows a path of an ecological model of multi-sectoral responses for landscaping inclusive quality ECD programs in Buchosa and Sengerema fishing communities. MES is implemented in 10 wards in the Sengerema district and 5 wards in the Buchosa district, the majority being fishing communities where the community, system and structures are not providing a nurturing care environment that supports children to survive and thrive.
The goal of this project is to improve opportunities for ECD among vulnerable children aged 0-6 that will improve children’s readiness and receptiveness to learning, and improve their general health and well-being.
The objectives are as follows:
- Children aged 3-5 in Buchosa and Sengerema districts have access to quality holistic early childhood development, care and pre-primary education during the school year so that they are prepared for enrollment in Standard One.
- Improved general health and well-being of young children age 0-6 years in Buchosa and Sengerema districts.
- Improved multi-sectoral response to supporting ECD programs among LGAs, ECD professionals, and ECD and non-ECD institutions in Buchosa and Sengerema districts.
- Building pre-primary schools and ECD community centers in Buchosa and Sengerema districts with inclusive education facilities that support effective early childhood development and learning.
- Households in Buchosa and Sengerema districts with sustainable income sufficient to protect, care and support early childhood development and education.